CMHS Site Council Meeting Minutes
Carla DeShaw, Principal
Georgann Squire, Teacher
Jim Willis, Staff
Meeting start time: 3:30 pm
- 1. Approved Minutes from March, 2014.
- 2. After presenting Site Council approved proposed PDA 2014-15 Student Handbook language to faculty and staff, 3 other suggested writings were made by various employees. These suggested writings were sent out to staff via email for voting. See choices below. It appears as though choice #3 has the majority, thus far.
- 1. Public Displays of Affection Crow Middle/High School strives to foster professional standards of behavior in the halls and about campus. As such, most Public Displays of Affection (PDA’s) are inappropriate. Displays of affection such as holding hands or brief hugs are acceptable. All kissing, prolonged embraces and lap sitting are NOT acceptable. Abuse of these behaviors may result in disciplinary action, such as detention or suspension.
- 2. Public Displays of Affection Crow Middle/High School strives to foster desirable standards of behavior in school and at all school sponsored functions. Public displays of affection such as holding hands and brief hugs are acceptable. Kissing, prolonged hugging and lap sitting is not acceptable. Abuse of these behaviors may result in disciplinary action including detention, suspension, and expulsion.
- 3. Public Displays of Affection The staff and student body of Crow Middle High School strive to foster desirable standards of behavior in school and at all school sponsored events. Public displays of affection such as holding hands, placing arms around each other or brief hugs are acceptable. Prolonged kissing or hugging is not acceptable. Abuse of these behaviors may result in disciplinary action.
3. Ideas for closing out 2013-14 school year:
The “Andrew Heckman Memorial Fishing Day” at the pond needs to be scheduled. The pond gets stocked w/trout, 6 kids from AES and some high school students fish the pond (Sean provides the worms); there are tables w/cookies and punch; the event lasts about 40 minutes. Georgann offered to take care this.
We have an end-of-year field day/activity w/the whole District. There is usually a Bar-B-Q and games. I will talk to Lee Ann and Donna about it.
Grandparents Day Tea will be at AES on 4/24/14.
Next meeting date: 5-13-14 at 3:30 pm
Meeting Adjourned 4:00 pm
Minutes submitted by,