541/935-2100 Fax 541/935-6107
Board Meeting June 29, 2009
Lorane Elementary 7:00 PM
6:00 PM Executive Session(Non Public Session) Session under the authority of ORS 192-660 (1) Personnel (2) Negotiations
6:45 PM Supplemental Budget 2008/2009
6:50 PM Budget Meeting Hearing for 2009/2010
7:00 PM Board Meeting
I Call to Order/Flag Salute
II Agenda Review
III Superintendent/ Board Chair/High School Rep. Report
IV Action Items
A. Consent Agenda
1. Approve Hiring:
· Girls Basketball Coach-Mike Murry $3,000.00
· Steve Grube- Head Cross Country Coach $3,522.00
· Boys Basketball Coach- $3,000.00
· Tim Pinson-Head Football Coach $3,000.00
· Michele Kau- Girls Volleyball Coach $4,006.00
· James Burruss- JV Football Coach $1,500.00
· Track Coach- Steve Grube $3,862.00
· Michele Kau- Asst. Track Coach $2,112.00
· Billy Anderson- Athletic Director $12,000.00
· Tina Dworakowski-Annual Advisor $1,531.00
· L.Livelybrook/Thorin- Jr. Class Advisor $1,531.00
2. Approve Policy JEB-Early Entrance
3. Reprove Organization for fiscal year 2009/2010 (To be approved in August during fiscal year 2009/2010. Early approval allows action until formal approval in August.
· (a) Dave Standridge-Business Manager/Deputy Clerk
· (b) Lee Ann Hartwig and Mike Proffitt/Asbestos Management
· (c) Superintendent, Susan Nakaba, School Principal, Ron Osibov, Administrative Assistant, Lee Ann Hartwig, Maintenance Supervisor, Mike Proffitt, Technology Director, Ken Hamilton designated as Supervisory, Confidential and/or Administrative employees to be excluded from the bargaining unit.
· (d) Joe Richards of Luvaas, Cobb, Richards and Fraser, PC-Contracted legal counsel.
· (e) Superintendent, Susan Nakaba and Dave Standridge be authorized signatures on all district accounts. If one of these persons is not available the board chair is authorized as the second signer.
· (f) Superintendent, Susan Nakaba is authorized to apply for federal, state regional and private grants that may benefit the school district to include obtaining state and federal surplus properties.
· (g) Newspaper of record-West Lane News.
· (h) Insurance of record-Pace
· (i) Dave Standridge is authorized to make interfund loans from the general fund to special funds as needed to be repaid by the end of the subsequent fiscal year June 30, 2010.
· (j) US Bank, Siuslaw Valley Bank and the local government investment Pool be depositories for school funds.
· (k) Auditor firm for the district for 2009/2010 Pauley-Roger and Company.
B. Adopt 2009/2010 Budget and Appropriate Taxes
V. Discussion Items:
VI Information Items:
a. May Check Register
b. June Enrollment
VII Items for Next Agenda