School District #66
85955 Territorial Road
Eugene, Oregon 97402
541/935-2100 Fax 541/935-6107
Board Meeting July 18, 2011
Crow High School 7:00 PM
6:30 pm Executive Session (Session under the authority of ORS 192-660) (1) Personnel (2) Negotiations (3) Student Complaint
7:00 pm Regular Board Meeting
I Call to Order/Flag Salute
II Agenda Review
III Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items
a) Student Representatives
b) Principal-Ron Osibov
c) Superintendent-Susan Nakaba
d) Board Chair-Jeff Ramp
V Consent Agenda
a) Action Items
¤ Approval of Board Minutes June 13, 2011
¤ Approval of District Check Register June 2011
Moved by ____, seconded by____ and carried____ to accept the above June 13, 2011 Board Minutes and the June 2011 District check register as submitted to the board.
b) Oath of Office-Doug Perry
c) Election of Board Chair and Vice Chair
Moved by____,seconded by____, and carried____ to accept the nomination of ________as Board Chair for 2011/2012 school year.
Moved by____,seconded by____, and carried____ to accept the nomination of _________as Board Vice Chair for the 2011/2012 school year.
e) Policy-JFG-AR Second and Final Reading
Moved by____, seconded by____, and carried ____ to accept the second and final reading of policy JFG-AR as submitted to the board.
f) Contract Renewal/Approval
¤ Superintendent-Susan Nakaba-230 day
¤ Principal-Ron Osibov- 230 day
¤ Director Business Service-Lee Ann Hartwig -260 day
¤ Maintenance Supervisor-Mike Proffitt- 260 day
¤ Driver/Light Mechanic-Loyd Fultz- 260 day
¤ Maintenance-Jim Willis- 260 day
¤ Custodial-Larry Mueller- 260 day
Moved by____, seconded by____, and carried___, to accept the above Administrative Contract and 260 Day employee contracts as submitted to the board for the 2011/2012 school year.
g) Approval of District Organization for 2011/2012
1) Dave Standridge-Business Manager/Deputy Clerk
2) Lee Ann Hartwig and Mike Proffitt/Asbestos Management
3) Superintendent, Susan nakaba, School Principal, Ron Osibov, Director Business Service, Lee Ann Hartwig, Maintenance Supervisor, Mike Proffitt, Technology Director, Ken Hamilton designated as Supervisory, Confidential andÕ/or Administrative employees to be exclusive from the bargaining unit.
4) Joe Richards of Luvaas Cobb, Richards and Fraser, PC-Contracted Legal council.
5) Superintendent, Susan Nakaba and Dave Standridge be authorized signatures on all district accounts. If one of these persons is not available the board chair is authorized as the second signer.
6) Superintendent, Susan Nakaba is authorized to apply for federal, state regional and private grants that may benefit the school district to include obtaining state and federal surplus properties.
7) Newspaper of record-Register Guard
8) Insurance of Record-PACE
9) Dave Standridge is authorized to make interfund loans from the general fund to special funds as needed to be repaid by the end of the subsequent fiscal year June 30, 2012.
10) US Bank, Siuslaw Valley Band and the local government investment Pool be depositories for school funds.
11) Auditor firm for the district for 2011/2012 Pauley-Roger and Company.
Moved by____, seconded by,____ and carried____ to accept the District Organization Chart for 2011/2012 as presented above.
VI Discussion Items:
¯ District Insurance on Lorane site
VII Information Items
o August 11, 2011 Board Meeting 7:00 PM Crow High School
o School starts September 6, 2011
o Dave Standridge, Business Manager
¯ Senate Bill 250 – Allows school districts to withdraw from Specified ESDs and reduces ESD funding.
¯ Senate Bill 452 –Redefines remote small elementary schools
¯ House Bill 5055 –Appropriates additional money from the Education Stability Fund
Meeting adjourned at ____________