SCHOOL DISTRICT #66
85955 Territorial Road
Eugene, Oregon 97402
541/935-2100 Fax 541/935-6107
Applegate Elementary 7:00 PM
6:30PM Executive Session (Non Public Session) Session under the authority of ORS 192-660 (1) Personnel
Meeting was called to order by Board Chair, Dean Livelybrooks at 7:00 PM. Present were directors, Tracy Evans, Jeff Ramp, Andy Stahl and Denice Goodheart. Staff present were Superintendent Dr. Don Anderson, Administrative Assistant, Lee Ann Hartwig and the following staff and patrons: Billy Anderson, Brian Kau, Sue Lay, Doug Perry, Sharon Kester, Vicki Simonsen, Candy Middaugh, Ken Diess, Diane Diess, Sandy Diess, Robert Diess, Tracy Schwartz, Kimm Baune, Chuck Lutsch, Marissa McNutt Cooper, Diana Osibov, Georgann Squire, Carol Myers, Loyd Fultz Jr., Kenneth Eastlick, Paula May, Carrie Warden, Kathy Warden, Trish Matchulat, Lil Thompson, Gary Thompson, Bruce McDonald, Sadie Thorin, Lindsay Crider, Maria Zile, Pamela Kersgaard, Jesse Grauwin, Dorene Carroll, Caren Reardon, Coleen & Troy Jentzsch, Tim Pinson, Kim Ramp, Shari McCall, Margaret McNutt, Sande Maxwell, Jennifer McNutt Bloom, Rich Mitchell, Vicki Fredricks, Bob Friedman, Jamie Hogate,Sharon Malcolm, Randy Eshleman, Jayme Eversole, Diana Gates, Darren Willits, Doug Engel, Jami Stotts, Wanda Stotts Jim Stotts, Niki Johnson, Trever Kemp, Steve Grube, Lisa & Kevin Mattox, Troy and Kim Wilson, Travis Wilson, Victoria Wilson, Sara Larson, Cynthia Nickle, Vera Wood and West Lane News reporter.
7:00 PM Regular Board Session Begins
I Call to Order
II Agenda Review
III Public Comment on Non-Agenda Items
IV Superintendent/Board Chair/High School Representative Reports
High School representative Travis Wilson informed the board of the homecoming events held the week prior to the board meeting and the dance on Saturday night.
V Action Items
A. Consent Agenda
1. Approve Special Board Meeting Minute (January 7, 2009)
2. Approve Regular Board Meeting Minutes (January 12, 2009)
3. Approve ESD Resolutions for 2009/2010
4. Approve Budget seat opening
5. State Standards (Division 22)
6. Budget Work session
Moved by Jeff Ramp, seconded by Andy Stahl motion carried 5-0 to accept the consent agenda as submitted.
b. Approve Probationary/Contract Listing for 2009/2010 as follows:
· Krissy Smith First Year Prob. Renewed
· Jessica Bandstra Second Year Prob. Renewed
· Carrie Halupa Third Year Prob. Renewed
· Michele Kau Third Year Prob. Renewed
· Melinda Matchulat Third Year Prob. Renewed
· Lindsay Crider Contract Renewed
· Nicole Glenn Contract Renewed
· James Hawkins Contract Non Renewed
· Rodney Cooper Contract Renewed
· Sheryl Thompson Contract Renewed
· Shari McCall Contract Renewed
· Joan Norris Contract Renewed
· Roberta Chinburg Contract Renewed
· Dinah Galloway Contract Renewed
· Michael Bradshaw Contract Renewed
· Kim Ramp Contract Renewed
· Maria Zile Contract Renewed
· Patrick Dixon Contract Renewed
· Tina Dworakowski Contract Renewed
· Krin Hunt Contract Renewed
· Steve Grube Contract Renewed
· Tracy Engholm Contract Renewed
· Lisa Livelybrooks Contract Renewed
· Nate Robertson Contract Renewed
· Sadie Thorin Contract Renewed
Moved by Andy Stahl, seconded by Jeff Ramp and carried 5-0 to accept the above Probationary/Contract Teachers as submitted.
B. Approve Budget Adjustments for 2008/2009
Moved by Andy Stahl, seconded by Tracy Evans and carried 5-0 to accept the budget adjustments for 2008/2009 with the exclusion of Baseball/Softball being cut.
C. Lorane Elementary Charter School Exploration
Andy Stahl held discussion with the board regarding the investigation of Lorane Elementary possibly becoming a charter school. Andy Stahl would head up the committee to investigate the feasibility and would need the board’s approval to apply for a grant to review the possibilities of this occurring. He would work with a committee but would not work without support from the patrons to review this. He would not require nor expect already taxed staff to have to help.
Moved by Andy Stahl, seconded by Tracy Evans and carried 5-0 to apply for a Charter School grant, to explore the possibilities of Lorane Elementary becoming a charter school.
VI Discussion Items
A. Lorane Elementary
Discussion was held regarding the declining enrollment in the district and at Lorane Elementary. Continued discussion on this item will be heard at the budget meeting/board meeting March 9, 2009.
B. Superintendent Interviews finalized
Interviews were complete and board would be making final decisions soon and updating the search by next board meeting.
C. Snow Make up days
Discussion was held regarding the need to clarify how we would be making up these days or due to budget concerns cutting them and having staff forfeit payment for those days. Superintendent Dr. Anderson has contacted the unions in writing regarding this and would be letting the board know later of the outcome.
D. School Calendar 2009/2010
Discussion was held regarding the first reading of the calendar and when the starting date of school should occur. There were no objections to the starting date being prior to Labor Day September 1, 2009 so that school would not go into the middle of June 2010.
VII Information Items
· Charter School Grant update
· 2009/2010 School Calendar (Action Item)
· Superintendent Search update
Meeting adjourned at 9:25