541/935-2100 Fax 541/935-6107
Lorane Elementary 7:00 PM
Board Chair:________________________ Superintendent:______________________
6:30 PM Executive Session (Non Public Session) Session under the authority of ORS
192-660 (1) Negotiations (2) Personnel
7:00 PM Meeting was called to order by Vice Chair, Denice Goodheart at 7:00PM. Present were. Board Chair Dean Livelybrooks was present but had just had shoulder surgery so had Denice head the board meeting. Present were directors: Andy Stahl, Tracy Evans, and Jeff Ramp. The following staff and patrons signed in as attending, Marissa McNutt, Cooper, Margaret McNutt, Allen Diess, Lindsay Crider, Nate Robertson, Zoe Livelybrooks, Lisa Livelybrooks, Sue Lay, Billy Anderson, Kim Wilson, Victoria Wilson, RC Dearth, Bailey Koharchick, Guy Wiederhold, Trish Matchulat, Lil Thompson, Miriam Sisson, Becca Bartleson. Donna Willits was in attendance as secretary of minutes.
I Flag Salute was held
II Agenda was reviewed
III Special Report
· Lisa Livelybrooks, reported to the board regarding the summer rural arts reading program, and noted that a book from the reading group was going to be published.
· High School students Guy Wiederhold, RC Dearth, Bailey Koharchick disccused with the board that the senior students would like to have open campus available to them. Dr. Don Anderson and the board would review their request at the next board meeting and let them know their decision.
· Teacher Lindsay Crider asked the board about the Softball/Baseball coaching positions that have not yet been filled due to reviewing student participation and funds. She was under the assumption she would be the coach since she had been the coach last year. Director Andy Stahl informed her that extra duty contract are on a year-to-year basis and no one should assume they would be employed year after year.
A. Consent Agenda
1. Approval of August 11, 2008 Board Minutes
2. Approval of Extra Duty Contract
· Sean Bradshaw-Special Ed Director
· Nate Robertson-Technology Coordinator
3. Approval of Fte adjustments
· Michele Kau from .75 fte to .95 fte
· Josephina Zile from .57fte to 1.00 fte (Temporary 2008/2009 ELL Language Learners Rep)
4. Amended schedule of Board Meetings for 2008/2009
5. Approve Teacher Salary/Benefit 2008-2011
· 3% $900.00 insurance cap for 2008/2009
· 3% $950.00 insurance cap 2009/2010
· $1,000.00 insurance cap open for salary 2010/2011
Moved by Andy Stahl, seconded by Jeff Ramp and carried 5-0 to accept the above listed consent items 1 through 5.
Moved by Jeff Ramp, seconded by Andy Stahl and carried 5-0 to approve the Baseball field dedication to Ed Davidson.
C. Approve Facilities and Grounds Committee membership- No motion at this time committee still being recruited.
D. Approve Superintendent Search Timeline.
Moved by Andy Stahl, seconded by Dean Livelybrooks to approve the submitted calendar with noted changes. Motion carried 5-0
E. Approve District Goals for 2008/2009
Moved by Andy Stahl, seconded by Dean Livelybrooks, and carried 5-0 to accept the District Goals for 2008/2009
A. 12th Graders scheduling
B. Enrollment- September 8, 2008
Enrollment ending school year 2007/2008 350 Starting enrollments down to 331 for 2008/2009.
C. Local Option Levy
November election for Local option levy 20-147.
· Check Register- August 2008 was reviewed
· Open Campus for CHS
· Resolution of full enrollment for students
Board Meeting Adjourned at 8:25 PM