Board Meeting Minutes September 13, 2010
Applegate Elementary 7:00 PM
6:30 PM Executive Session (Non Public Session) Session under the authority of ORS 192-660 (1) Personnel (2) Negotiations (3) Complaint against District Personnel.
7:00 PM Meeting was called to order by board Chair Jeff Ramp at 7:15 PM. Present were Directors: Dean Livelybrooks, Darren Willits, Denice Goodheart and Troy Wilson. Staff present: Superintendent, Susan Nakaba, Administrative Assistant, Lee Ann Hartwig, Kathy Davis, Loyd Fultz, Mary Houle’, Bob Drullinger, Trish Matchulat, and Georgann Squire. Patrons: Lil Thompson, Randall Henery, Leon Houle’, Darren Houle’, Lloyd Porter, Tom Giesen, Kyle Rolnick, Vicki Simonsen, Pam Kersgaard, and Dawn Reeves.
Darren Houle’ representing Boy Scout Troop #252 held the flag salute for the board and patrons.
Agenda was reviewed.
Superintendent, Susan Nakaba spoke to the board regarding the seats being full and then some for the on line classes offered at the high school through the ESD. She is working with Don Brown on this pilot program and it seems to be a positive enrichment for the students.
Darren Houle’ spoke to the board regarding the high school events and homecoming week October 18-22nd.
Ron Osibov reported that all 3 sites were off to a great start, thanks to dedicated staff, staffs were working on choosing and scheduling Artist’s in Residencies for this year, funded by the donations from his family. Discussion was heard regarding the Mayor’s Teen Art Show, and Tessa Baune was selected for her glass art work submitted. He also submitted in his report the new classes that were being offered and the current College Now classes offered for this year. (See submitted report)
Moved by Dean Livelybrooks, seconded by Denice Goodheart and carried 5-0 to approve the above consent items listed below.
· Board Minutes with corrections August 16, 2010
· August 2010 Check register as submitted
Discussion Items were as follows:
· Board Goals were discussed but not yet finalized further finalization will be discussed at work session scheduled at Applegate Elementary, September 27th, 5:00-8:00.
· OSBA Meeting-Board needs to let Lee Ann Hartwig know if they will be attending the September 21, work session held at the ESD.
Meeting October 11, 2010, 7:00 PM,
· September 27, 2010 Board work session at Applegate Elementary.
· Board Goals finalized
· Contract Negotiations finalized
· Second and final reading of Policy-JHFF
· Assessment Data
· Business Manager financial report
· TSP Concession Stand work session September 25, 2010
Meeting adjourned at 8:35 PM