SCHOOL DISTRICT #66
85955 Territorial Road
Eugene, Oregon 97402
541/935-2100 Fax 541/935-6107
Board Meeting Minutes December 10, 2012
Executive Session was called to order by Board Chair Dean Livelybrooks, at 6:30.
Regular Board Meeting was called to order by Dean Livelybrooks at 7:10 PM. Present were directors, Jeff Ramp, Darren Willits, Doug Perry and Troy Wilson. Staff Present: Superintendent, Eileen Palmer, Principal, Lee Ann Hartwig, and District Service Mgr. Lee Ann Hartwig. Patrons: Gary Thompson, Mary HouleÕ, Candy Middaugh, Sharon Kester, Krin Hunt, Eric Johnson, Beth Robinson, Kyle Rolnick, and Marissa Cooper.
No adjustment to Agenda
III No comment on Non agenda items.
1) Mary HouleÕ, ASB Supervisor stated that the students had finished the 2 year project of replacing the posts and cables around Crow High School/Middle School. Home coming for Basketball will be in January.
2) Principal, Ron Osibov spoke to the board regarding the College Now (CN) class offerings. He also updated the board on the continue Math trainings for Applegate staff being offered by Bob Curtis, ESD Math and Science specialist.
3) Superintendent, Eileen Palmer spoke to the board regarding senate bill 290, the NCLB Waiver, and Certified Evaluations working in collaboration with the LUBC. Local districts are putting together design teams in the spring of 2013 that could be piloted in our district.
4) Board Chair Dean Livelybrooks and Krin Hunt spoke regarding legislature in the classroom.
5) District Goals- Doug Perry spoke to the board and patrons regarding the budget shortfall due to declining revenue from property taxes.
V Action Items:
(a) Consent Agenda
o Approval of November 2012 Regular Board Meeting Minutes
o Approval of November 2012 Check Register
Moved by Jeff Ramp, seconded by Troy Wilson and carried 5-0 to accept the November 2012 Board Minutes and the November 2012 Check Register.
b) Second and final reading of the 8% Contingency Fund Policy
Moved by Troy Wilson, seconded by Darren Willits, and carried 5-0 to accept the final reading of the 8% Contingency Fund.
c) OSBA Legislative Policies and Procedures
Moved by Jeff Ramp, seconded by Doug Perry and carried 5-0 to accept the Legislative Policies as presented by the OSBA.
VI Discussion Items:
á Lorane Charter school public meeting set for January 14, 2013
á Jeff Ramp is working on the written agreement with the Lorane Grange regarding the water rights.
á Lorane Merry-Go-Round was sold in a sealed bid to Lorane Patrons for $5.00.
á Budget Shortfall was discussed by Doug Perry and Eileen and the need for Furlough Days for 2012/2013 and 2013/2014.
á Budget Audit for 2012 to be accepted at the January board meeting.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:46 PM
The board went back into executive session at 8:50 PM