SCHOOL DISTRICT #66
85955 Territorial Road
Eugene, Oregon 97402
541/935-2100 Fax 541/935-6107
Board Meeting Minutes November 12, 2012
Crow High School 7:00 PM
Meeting was called to order by Board Chair, Dean Livelybrooks, at 7:09 PM. Present were directors: Darren Willits, Doug Perry, Jeff Ramp and Troy Wilson. Staff Present: Superintendent, Eileen Palmer, Principal, Ron Osibov, District Service Mgr. Lee Ann Hartwig. Patrons: Robert Hanpace, Tara Wigle, Margie McNutt, Kyle Rolnick, Beth Robinson, Gary Thompson, and Marissa McNutt Cooper.
No adjustment to Agenda
III Public Comment on Non Agenda items:
Tara Wigle stated that Lorane Eta Theta Rho Girls Club #94 would be cleaning the flower beds on November 16, 2012 at Applegate Elementary.
1) No Student reports this month
2) K-12 Principal Ron Osibov Ron discussed the events happening at AES and CHS (see attached report).
3) Superintendent, Eileen Palmer spoke to the board regarding the Achievement Compact Committee. They will be working on bringing Math scores up at both the middle school and elementary. Bob Curtis will be coming out to work with the staff December 11, 2012. Oaks training committee met November 5, and the Site Council will meet November 16, at Applegate. The board will be getting information regarding the budget and the property assessments dropping 33% impact on the budget.
4) Board Chair, Dean Livelybrooks, will be the liaison with the Lorane Committee. Noting that a 2 to 3 day turnover may occur because of schedules. Beth Robinson will be the liaison not mediator for Lorane Committee.
5) Board Member, Troy Wilson discussed his goal of Facilities and that he is working on a spread sheet identifying the repairs done and the repairs that are still needed. Board Member, Jeff Ramp will be meeting with Gary Thompson to work out agreements for the water usage with Lorane Grange. He will also be working with Joe Canaday regarding the Crow Grange and the water rights with that grange. Doug Perry will be meeting with Business Manager, Dave Standridge and Superintendent Eileen Palmer on the budget and the impact the Property Taxes will have on the current budget.
V Action Items:
(a) Consent Agenda
Moved by Doug Perry seconded by Troy Wilson and carried 5-0 to accept the October 2012 Regular Board Meeting, the October 24, 2012 Special Board Meeting as amended and the October District Check Register as submitted.
(b) First Reading of the Ending Fund Balance policy-8% Contingency
VI Discussion Items:
The Charter School application was received and it was requested by Board Chair, that the appropriate parties sending the documents should send them to the District office address and not the high school to avoid delay.
VII Information Items:
Discussion was held regarding the January 2013 Board meeting be held at Lorane, possibly at the Lorane Grange since Lorane Elementary is closed down.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:15 PM
The board went back into Executive Session to talk about Personnel and student issue.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:40 PM